Director of the FinTech Practice Group
ARPR is an award-winning tech PR agency representing the brands Cloud, Cybersecurity, FinTech and HealthIT. Our panoramic approach enables us to deliver measurable, data-driven results that help our customers’ reputations thrive and their sales pipelines thrive.
Advertising / public relations
ARPR is named one of the best tech PR agencies in the country by O’Dwyers, a PRovoke Small Agency of the Year finalist and three-time PRNews Top Place to Work. Together, our team runs integrated communication campaigns that deliver news to outlets like TODAY Show, TechCrunch, WSJ; and nurture leads using a strategic mix of content marketing, social media, and lead gen activities.
ARPR is looking for a FinTech exercise group leader to lead the growing exercise group. That role would represent customers ranging from mobile payments to RegTech to e-commerce solutions to cryptocurrency, disrupting the worlds of commerce, mobile banking and financial compliance. The candidate best suited for this role will be passionate and deeply rooted in the fintech sector of the tech industry, a skilled strategist in integrated communications, maintaining critical media relationships, and a strong content marketer. He / she will also be a seasoned leader with experience in leading a small team and with experience in business development. This candidate will be able to easily embrace the entrepreneurship – humble, hungry and smart – and embrace our unique culture and agency vision.
At ARPR we live by our team motto: Believe in each other for the best, want the best for each other and expect the best from each other. Our unparalleled commitment to professional development coupled with the “climbing frame” of core competencies and practice groups creates an environment that not only helps us promote what is possible for our clients, but also provides a unique experience for all members of the Army of Awesome to really becoming PR powerhouses. We are also flexible, fun, cooperative and come in every day with a desire to do our best.
Aside from all the fun, this position also offers a robust package of benefits and perks like no dress code, a ClassPass membership, commission and bonus compensation programs, unlimited vacation, and flexible work weeks. This position will report to the CEO and work very closely with the executive team while being accountable to our entire Army of Awesome.
PRACTICE GROUP LEADERSHIP
Lead the FinTech Practice Group by demonstrating in-house thought leaders, building our team’s knowledge base and interest in all facets of financial technology (privacy, regulation, innovation, etc.). Provide insights, feedback, and offer assistance in caring for our fintech clients / pipeline and junior team members. Ultimately, this position serves as a manager, resource, and mentor for current and future employees at all ARPR locations, especially those who serve fintech technology customers.
- PRACTICE GROUP LEADER Lead the FinTech Practice Group by demonstrating in-house thought leaders, building our team’s knowledge base and interest in all facets of financial technology (privacy, regulation, innovation, etc.). Provide insights, feedback, and offer assistance in caring for our fintech clients / pipeline and junior team members. Ultimately, this position serves as a manager, resource, and mentor for current and future employees at all ARPR locations, especially those who serve fintech technology customers. CUSTOMER SERVICE Acting as a strategist for more than 5 fintech key accounts, leading strategic customer meetings, ensuring the quality of the work product through junior team members and developing key account plans (e.g. trade fair activations, influencer marketing plans, product launch plans, corporate messaging -Portfolios, etc.) Assistance when needed with technical skills (ideally pitching journalists, content writing and messaging) and cross-fertilization of ideas / collaboration. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT Build relationships in the fintech sector to fuel our growing business pipeline and ensure the long-term health of the practice group. With the support of the management team, you can drive new business inquiries, preparation of offers and parking spaces from Fintech. Support business marketing by serving as our primary thought leader in fintech, including but not limited to blog content, lectures, and bylines. With the support of the account director (s) of the practice group, you can promote renewals and upsells for the respective customer portfolio. REPORTING Measure the media, social media and marketing results achieved by your customers and effectively convert analytics into actionable insights to constantly drive success.
- Over 10 years of experience in integrated communications, with at least 5 years of experience in the agency required.
- Existing relationships within the fintech ecosystem including tech reporters, VCs, analysts, influencers and tech brands.
- Tireless curiosity, passion for learning, a service minded attitude and a constant desire to do your best.
Required level of education
- Professional experience required: Creation and implementation of national and global media campaigns; Managing major technology and industry trade shows (Money 2020, Finovate, etc.); Facilitation of media training; Conducting brainstorming, messaging and content planning sessions; Creation of content marketing programs; Development of digital marketing programs; Support of new business areas.
- Required Experience with: Microsoft Office Suite, Newswire Service Providers, Media Database Systems, Google Analytics and CRM Platforms
- Familiarity with: Sprout Social, CMS platforms, HubSpot / Marketo / Pardot / etc., Moz, SEMrush, Basecamp (or other project management software), Google AdWords, social advertising platforms, Canva / InDesign / etc., Mac OS