Grayscale Investments is considering 31 crypto assets to add to its family of investment products. The company, with $ 32.9 billion in crypto assets under management, currently offers investments in 13 cryptocurrencies.
- Grayscale Investments announced 13 additional crypto assets on Friday that it is considering for investment products. These cryptocurrencies complement the original list of coins the company announced in February.
- The 13 additional crypto assets are 1inch (1INCH), Bancor (BNT), Curve (CRV), Internet Computer (ICP), Kava (KAVA), Kyber Network (KNC), Loopring (LRC), Near (NEAR), Polygon (MATIC), ren (REN), solana (SOL), universal market access (UMA) and 0x (ZRX).
- The crypto assets already considered are aave (AAVE), Cardano (ADA), Compound (COMP), Cosmos (ATOM), eos (EOS), Flow (dapper labs) (FLOW), Makerdao (MKR), Monero ( XMR), Numeraire (NMR), Polkadot (DOT), Reserve Rights (RSR), Stacks (STX), Sushiswap (SUSHI), Synthetix (SNX), Tezos (XTZ), The Graph (GRT), Uniswap (UNI) and Longing for Finances (YFI).
- As of June 18, Grayscale’s net assets under management (AUM) were $ 32.9 billion. The company’s Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) had the largest AUM in the industry at nearly $ 24.12 billion, followed by the Ethereum Trust with an AUM of more than $ 7.13 billion.
- The Grayscale product family currently consists of 13 crypto assets: Basic Attention Token (BAT), Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Chainlink (LINK), Dezentralland (MANA), Ethereum (ETH), Ethereum Classic (ETC) , Filecoin (FIL), Horizen (ZEN), Litecoin (LTC), Livepeer (LPT), Sternlumen (XLM) and Zcash (ZEC). The company also offers a digital large-cap fund.
- In April, the company announced its intention to convert GBTC into a Bitcoin Exchange Traded Fund (ETF). The US Securities and Exchange Commission has currently not approved a Bitcoin ETF. This week, the SEC asked for comments from interested people on the proposed Vaneck Bitcoin ETF.
- Meanwhile, the company has said it sees increasing institutional demand for Bitcoin. CEO Michael Sonnenshein commented in March: “Digital currencies have reached a turning point. The demand from investors has never been so high, and every day we see new participants in an asset class that has certainly become a real asset class. “
What do you think of all of these crypto assets that Grayscale is considering converting into investment products? Let us know in the comment section below.
Photo credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer of liability: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement for any product, service or company. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author are directly or indirectly responsible for any damage or loss caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.